This project has received funding from the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement no 611709
Subcribe to our mailing list
> Delivering value to European SMEs and entrepeneurs
Follow this project on F6S
Follow us on twitter
Programme & panellists announced for SME Workshop – APPLY NOW!
Workshop for Start Up SMEs seeking to do business in Health
Wednesday 25th March, 13:30 - 17:00 (no fee) Ramada Hotel, Shaw’s Bridge – Belfast N. Ireland
Applications are now open for SMEs wishing to participate in a workshop for Start Up SMEs seeking to do business in Health. The workshop is organised by the Northern Ireland Connected Health Ecosystem and EU GET project.
SME presenters will have an opportunity to give a 5-minute presentation on their ehealth solution, business plan and commercialization strategy to an audience of HSC organisations, Invest NI, VCs and Funders, large industry and local councils. SMEs will receive feedback and have an opportunity to network with an expert panel.
Support for SMEs with preparing their presentations will be available and details will be shared with SMEs soon.
We are delighted to announce the following expert panel members (more to be confirmed shortly):
• Sean Donaghy, Director of eHealth & External Collaboration, HSC Board
• Eddie Ritson, Director, Centre for Connected Health at HSCNI
• Prof William Scanlon, Director of Research, Queen’s University Belfast
• Steve Orr, Director, NISP Connect
• Hal Wilson, Techstart NI
• Jamie Andrews, Techstart NI
• Paul Carlin, R & D Manager, South Eastern HSC Trust
• Julien Venne, Strategic Advisor, ECHAlliance
• Jorge Gonzalez, Managing Director, TicBioMed (Spain)
• Ben Ramsey, Business Development Director, GGO Europe, GE Healthcare
• Malachy Gribben, Business Engagement Programme Manager, Craigavon Borough Council
• Peter Wilson, Assistant Director, HSC BSO Procurement and Logistics Service
• Belfast City Council – panelist TBC
• Belfast HSC Trust - panelist TBC
• Cisco - panelist TBC
We are pleased to announce an outline programme for the Workshop as follows:
13:40 The Size of the Prize: doing business in Health (upcoming opportunities in 2015/16)
13:55 Success story / Opportunity : Sharing experiences of doing business in Health
14:05 SME Presentations (5mins each SME)
15:00 Facilitated Panel feedback – Session 1 (SME gets panel feedback or visits Exhibitor stands)
15:30 Networking Break / Coffee
15:50 Facilitated Panel feedback – Session 2 (SME gets panel feedback or visits Exhibitor stands)
16:15 Open space - panellist matchmaking with SMES (SMEs visit panellists for more direct feedback)
16:45 Panellist Round up
Note that SME places will be limited. We will consider applications from Start Up SMEs and SMEs who are new to doing business in the Health sector. Travel and accommodation costs will not be covered. The closing date for applications is Friday 6th March. Successful SMEs will be contacted by Wednesday 11th March.
You are also welcome to join us at the NICH-ECO event on the morning of 25th March and enjoy the networking lunch beforehand.